Pages

11/02/2014

Watercolor Surfer Painting Tutorial


Hello everybody! Meghan here! Today, I'm going to show you how I painted this surfer painting. I painted two of these for my beach inspired bedroom. And now, I'll tell you how I painted it!

First, I went to Pinterest (LOVE Pinterest!) and looked up some female surfers for the silhouette.


For my two paintings, I used this surfer for this painting.

And my second painting..


(This is Lisa Anderson)

Next, I cut out their shape and taped it to my paper. Now, you can paint with the watercolors any colors! I tried to do blue with a mix of the colors in my room.

And Ta Da! That's how I created my surfer paintings!

Till next time!

-Meghan


5 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! That is such a good idea! I'm totally trying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I can't wait to try, and it's looks pretty easy. Thanks for the tutorial! -Bethany! http://bethanysbrightlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I never thought of doing it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! They make me smile and really brighten up my day! Thanks! :)

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool :D
    Superb idea btw cutting out the surfer for silhouette's (y)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete