Pages

11/08/2014

How to Paint a Galaxy Painting +Tips!


Hola everybody! Happy Sunday! :)

So by now, you may know that I LOVE watercolors! I just love how it looks. I mean really, just stunning! 

So beautiful!

I am obsessed with eyes! They are so pretty!

Ooo la la! This is gorg!

Why can't I paint this good???

Awwww! :)



But, right now, I'm just painting a galaxy with water colors.

So first, the colors I use in my galaxy is black, purple, pink, white, blue and a little red here and there. You can look up some galaxy pictures on Google for inspiration. 

For the stars I used a old toothbrush to flick white paint onto my picture. White watercolors is hard to come by so, you can use Acrylic for the stars. 

This is the watercolor painting that I painted.

I used the Filbert brush but any paint brush looks good.

Tips

-Keep your water clean. If you just painted in a dark color and then you try to paint in bright white (Like, for the stars), it will effect the color. Your water doesn't need to be crystal clear the whole time but it's a good idea to keep it somewhat clear.

-With watercolor paint, a color will look more intense (darker) when it's still wet. But, it will dry lighter and paler. So, I like to add a few layers over my previous layers to make them more vivid. 

-Sometimes, watercolor paper curls up. This is really annoying and doesn't look nice. My oldest sister taught me how to prevent this. Tape! Just line the paper all around so that it dries flat.

I hope these tips were useful to you! Ciao!




6 comments:

  1. Ooh! Cool! Cool! Cool!


    -G.P.L.

    P.S. Nice signature! (YOU STOLE MY IDEA!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you! :) And you inspired me ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the wolf pic!!!! It looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you paint all of these??
    Galaxy looks really cool :D

    ReplyDelete