Pages

11/07/2014

Friday - How to Draw a Face

 Hi guys! Guinea Pig Lover here, and today I'm going to do a tutorial on how to draw a face-yep, just a face. Sorry, that's all I am at least decent at! Anyway, you are going to start out by drawing a oval for the head(well, duh) like so:
That is step 1 by the way...Step 2: add little curved lines about a little higher than the middle of the oval.
Step 3: Draw the nose. I draw my nose like this, but you can draw it however you want. Don't forget the nostrils!
Step 4: Complete the eyes. You can do this by making the curved line a sideways oval and then adding the iris and pupil. That's what they're called, right? Add color if you want to. I also added eyelids, but you really don't have to do them if you don't feel comfortable doing those.
Step 5: Add lashes. Do this by making little tiny slightly curved lines right on the top of the eyes. Make them how long you want.
Step 6: Create eyebrows. Just about where my nose starts at the top, do the eyebrows on the sides of it. You just want to do little strokes of pencil until they are full and worthy. :D You can add color to this whole thing, but I recommend pencil and then coloring in later. Don't be afraid to erase!
Step 7: The mouth needs to be created as well. To me, the mouth and eyes are the hardest parts of drawing a face. The eyes have to be the same size, and the mouth can't look to big, otherwise it will ruin the whole face! So this is how you do the mouth. Draw a long, curvy "M" like this...
Then, do a slightly curved like on the bottom like so...
Looks more like a mouth, eh? Well, now you draw a line in the middle that is really, REALLY slightly curved.
Voila! You got your mouth! Now, on to the next step!

Step 8: Draw the neck. Since you won't be putting in a body, all you have to do is draw a small stump and the tips of shoulders. Really simple. It should look somewhat like this:
Step 9: Hair, freckles, glasses, or piercings. This is how you should do hair...
In this case, I am drawing long hair with side bangs, let down. So all you really want to do is to do short strokes of the pencil, and do whatever style you want. 
I filled it in a lot, but if you are going to color the hair, you really only need a couple strokes everywhere.
If you are going to add freckles or glasses, then you just add dots under the eyes for freckles and draw glasses...

Step 10: Finishing touches. You can draw a shirt line on the neck it you want, add color, or name the face! I'll add the shirt line and name it to show you...I also always add a date, so I can look back on it.

                                 
And the finished product...


So I hoped you liked this tutorial, and that you find it easy! Thanks for hanging out with me! Have fun! Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment