Pages

12/09/2014

Christmas traditions! -Tuesday Addy

Okay I do not have any pictures for this post but I will tell you about our family traditions:

  1. We get our tree the after Thanksgiving, with my whole family (which consists of all my siblings and my parents
  2. We decorate it about 2 days later so that the branches can get used to the feel of our house
  3. When we decorate it, We all get some egg nog and snicker-doodles and we listen to my dad read our favorite story for Christmas it's called ;Jotham's journey. Then we light the advent candles
  4. We usually put up our felt Christmas calendar (You get to pull out a figure for each day of December and slowly build the nativity scene.
  5. So through out that time we decorate our whole house (And I mean literally :) We also start our cooking and baking. We usually make more than we can eat. We also put up our stockings.
  6. And that's when we do a Christmas party! Which before that we clean the whole house! Which is not very fun :)
  7. By then I buy all my siblings gifts and then we put them under the tree!
  8. When it is finally Christmas eve we go to our Grandma's house for a Christmas party. There we open up the gifts that our relatives got us then we go home and play with them until my mom gets the tea party ready.
  9. We then have a really awesome tea party (we all wear red and white striped pajamas) and then we go down the line and say what we like best about our siblings. Then we go to our basement tree (which is made of homemade dec) and get our favorite flavored candy cane and we all sleep in our big brother's room.
  10. Then the next day is Christmas!!!! We all get up and wake up our parents and then we open up our presents! And that is how my family celebrates Christmas
But I think this year will be a little different...What I just told you was the traditions we've been doing for 25 years. But now my two Brothers live somewhere else and my 3 older siblings work almost all the time so I'm not sure about this year being exactly like all the others but that's okay.
Well I gotta go! Merry Christmas! <3
-Addy

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Addy!! Sounds like you and your family have a lovely christmas! :D
    This has inspired me to do a post like this!
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete